What is a TEN?

Under certain circumstances it becomes a Legal Requirement that the ‘Hirer’ has to secure a ‘Temporary Events Notice’ (TEN) from the local Council.

For example

  1. If you wish to sell alcohol
  2. If you are charging for entry to a dance with live music
  3. Paying musicians for their time

Legal things outside our control

The Management Committee of the Grove Building DOES NOT hold a Premises or Entertainment licence.  

EVERYONE making a booking has a duty to familiarise themselves with these regulations and has a legal responsibility to secure such a licence.

You can also go straight to the Council website to download a blank TENs form.

(Committee Members have a legal duty to ensure that all users comply in this regard and have the powers to act where a TEN is required and has not been obtained or in any other circumstances which contravene the law).

Site Updated: 18 January 2022

Scroll to Top